Graduate Degree in Economics, Hoger Instituut Voor Ekonomische en Management Wetenschappen, Belgium 1977
Master in International Management, European University, Belgium 1979
European University, Belgium 1979-1989
- 1979-1986: Assistant to the President. Responsible for human resources, curriculum planning. Also handled the institution’s marketing and advertising planning. Same period: Lecturer in Marketing and Management at undergraduate level.
- 1986-1989: Dean of International Studies. Designed, negotiated and coordinated exchange graduate programs with universities such as Thunderbird Graduate School of Management in Arizona, the University of San Francisco, Texas A&M, Babson College near Boston, Emerson College in Boston. Oversaw and managed the accreditation review.
EEC International Schools, Belgium 1984-1989
Headmaster of two schools in Antwerp and Brussels, organized at request of international community seeking lower cost managed English language based curriculum.
Global Telecommunication Systems, Belgium 1989-1991
CEO of this startup venture in voice recognition technology with offices in Antwerp, Milan, Arlon and Athens. We were one of the first companies to launch interactive voice products in Europe, and installed the first voice interactive home banking system.
Diverse, Belgium 1988-1991
Economic Advisor to the State of Utah Brussels office, assisting Utah companies entering the European marketplace. This included evaluating product lines and identifying and contacting sales channels. Marketing consulting activities for several product launches.
Wellsco Marketing, Massachusetts 1991-1998
- Sole Proprietor. Wellsco Marketing’s activities included:
- Export Trading. I was responsible for several clients for locating large volumes of certain products in ports around the world for purchase and reshipment to new destinations. Products include duty free products (liquor, tobacco, fragrances), dairy and meat products and textiles.
- Import and Export Consulting. For occasional client companies have assisted in locating appropriate foreign or domestic sales and distribution channels for their products.
From 1997 to 2001 import, with over ten million dollars’ revenue per year. Licensed by the US Government to trade with Native American Reservations.
Transit Product Corporation, Rotterdam, The Netherlands and Gibraltar 1995-1998
I was the salaried Director of this multi-million dollar trading company, overseeing administration and distribution activities between Europe and the CIS countries. Conducted product launches in Panama, Croatia and Kazakastan.
Veracruz International, Inc. 1996-1998
Director and minority shareholder in this 21 year old cigar manufacturing and distribution business. My responsibilities during 1997 included development
of customer base, marketing strategy and expanded product line. I also oversaw the creation of a website and participation in trade shows around the country.
Governor’s Council for the Retirement Industry, Member and Sub-Committee Chair, State of Maine 1999-2000
Committee Chairman for the economic development committee to develop long-term plans to attract retirees to the State.
REAL ESTATE EXPERIENCE
Senior Resource Developers LLC and Yankee Settlements Inc. 1998-2005
Partner. Developed a unique concept for senior living. Located and researched multiple large sites for age restricted developments. Attracted investors for acquisition and permitting.
DayStar Homes, Inc. 2002-2004
Owner and President. This company built 8 new homes in 2003 and 2004 ranging from $450,000 to $1,100,000.
Heritage Realty Century 21 in Newburyport. 2005-2007
Specialist in Land Use Planning and Development, representing Landowners and Developers.
Virtual Homes Inc, Boston MA & Amherst NH 2007 – 2011
Realtor and Associate. During the “down” market turned my focus to Buyer Agency. Virtual Homes is one of the internet pioneers in real estate with a website for every city and town in NH and MA. I am licensed in both states and convert internet leads to clients to represent in transactions along the NH Seacoast and MA North Shore.
Wellsco Realty LLC, Newburyport MA 2011-present
Principal Broker, Owner. Founded this Real Estate Brokerage which now has an established reputation and market share in Essex County MA and Southern NH. High online profile and innovative marketing, as well as our strong ethics and knowledge, have led to a high level of success.
Dutch/Flemish: Verbal, written, reading total fluency
Basic, stagnant knowledge of French, Spanish, German